We will begin accepting applications for our summer leadership team Nov. 27th!
We will accept applications for all other positions starting Dec. 18th.
Working at Camp Shalom needs to be understood as something more than a job. You will be asked to do manual labor – wash dishes, clean bathrooms, and cook food. Staff will also need to develop work schedules and communicate well with others. You will be paid and given time off like any other job.
However, Camp Shalom staff need to see themselves as called to serve in the name of Jesus Christ. Paul says it best in 1 Corinthians, “Think of us in this way, as servants of Christ and stewards of God’s mysteries.”
You will be responsible for the health and welfare of children. You will lead activities, sing songs, and play games. But more importantly, you will be called to give of yourself, love those around you, and help unfold all the mysteries of God’s love. We are looking for individuals who are seeking to grow in their faith through serving others in the name of Jesus Christ.
This application is for summer staff positions. For the assistant counselor application, please go here.
To apply: Complete an electronic application and submit 3 reference forms. Please have the following ready when you complete the job application:
- A paragraph or two answering the following questions:
- Describe your relationship with Christ: who is Christ to you? How do you live out your faith daily?
- Explain why you want to work at Camp Shalom this summer.
- What goals do you have for yourself this summer?
- What contributions do you think you can bring to the summer staff? To the people we serve at Shalom?
- Employment History including Employer's address, phone, supervisor's name and nature of work performed.
- Education and Military History
- Driver's License Number
- Church information
- Camp experience
- Certifications (CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard, Waterfront Safety and High Ropes Lead) including:
- Certifying agency
- Expiration Date
- Emergency Contact Information