We will begin accepting applications for summer leadership staff and Faith Coordinator on Nov. 12th!
We will accept applications for all other positions starting Dec. 10th.
Working at Camp Shalom needs to be understood as something more than a job. It is first and foremost a service–to our campers, your coworkers, and God. Our staff are called to serve in the name of Jesus Christ. Paul says it best in 1 Corinthians, “Think of us in this way, as servants of Christ and stewards of God’s mysteries.”
You will be asked to do manual labor–wash dishes, clean bathrooms, and mop floors. You will be responsible for the health and welfare of children. You will lead activities, sing songs, and play games. Staff also need to communicate well with others, receive and implement feedback graciously, and hold themselves to the highest standard, both at and outside camp. It must be understood by all staff that this is a workplace–gossip among staff is not tolerated.
As a member of our summer staff you will be paid and given time off like any other job. But more importantly, you will be called to give of yourself, love those around you, and help unfold all the mysteries of God’s love. We are looking for individuals who are seeking to grow in their faith through serving others in the name of Jesus Christ.
This application is for summer staff positions. For the assistant counselor application, please go here.
To apply: Complete an electronic application and submit 3 reference forms. Please have the following ready when you complete the job application:
- A paragraph or two answering the following questions:
- Describe your relationship with Christ: who is Christ to you? How do you live out your faith daily?
- Explain why you want to work at Camp Shalom this summer.
- What goals do you have for yourself this summer?
- What contributions do you think you can bring to the summer staff? To the people we serve at Shalom?
- Employment History including Employer's address, phone, supervisor's name and nature of work performed.
- Education and Military History
- Driver's License Number
- Church information
- Camp experience
- Certifications (CPR, First Aid, Lifeguard, Waterfront Safety and High Ropes Lead) including:
- Certifying agency
- Expiration Date
- Emergency Contact Information