SOAR: A camp for Adults with Disabilities
Camp Shalom offers the opportunity for adults with disabilities to “Soar” as they challenge themselves to maximize their potential. There will be a 4-day/3-night session available.
Several adjustments are made for this camp session. The staff-to-camper ratio is much smaller, and the number of activities each day is reduced. Otherwise, it's camp as usual. Campers will have the opportunity to experience new and exciting things and learn more about themselves.
Campers will sleep in cabins, go canoeing, climb a rock wall, fly down the zip-line, shoot archery, and participate in many other activities. Most importantly, Soar campers will be accompanied by the incredible staff members at Camp Shalom who will keep them safe and make sure they have fun.
Health and Wellness
- HYGIENE: Camp Shalom asks that all campers be able to care of their own hygienic needs.
- MEDICATIONS: Camper medications must be prepared in a multi-dose or medication cassette. Prepackaged medications must have a separate compartment for each day and time they are to be administered.
- All campers must have a Health History completed as part of the online registration process.
- Camp Shalom is an alcohol, drug, and tobacco-free facility.
- An individual must be medically stable and must not be a safety risk to self or others (behaviorally, sexually, or physically) in order to attend Camp Shalom.
- Camp Shalom reserves the right to determine an individual’s ability to attend camp or camper events.
- DIETARY CONCERNS: Camp Shalom can accommodate most dietary needs.
- SKILLED NURSING: Camp Shalom does not have skilled nursing on-site. However, medical services are nearby should the need arise. Medications are dispensed by the Healthcare Coordinator who is certified as a Medications Manager.
- 2020 SESSION DATE: TBD
- Cost: $350
- CHECK-IN: At camp, check in is from 2:00PM 'til 4:00PM the first day of camp.
- PICK-UP: Pick-up is Thursday at 11:00 AM at our outdoor stage, where we will have the closing ceremony. We will have bus transport available to & from HDC on Brady St, Davenport.
- WAIVER PROGRAMS: Camp Shalom does not accept waivers at this time.
- TRANSPORTATION: Camp Shalom will provide bus transportation to Maquoketa from HDC on Brady Street in Davenport. Time of pick up will be posted soon. Bus transportation may be provided back to HDC on the departure day, this will be announced soon.
TO REGISTER: You can register online or call the Camp Shalom office at 563-323-2790 for assistance.